At the Grand Tasting for the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, Wolfgang Puck Catering chef, Jason Lemonnier has prepared a nutritional and creative dessert for guests to enjoy. The dish is Sticky Toffee Pudding with a Stout Gelato served with Market Fresh Berries, Raw Cocoa Nib Brittle and Citron Jelly. This innovative dessert will have an edible QR code imprinted on it so that guests can access nutritional information and even find the recipe to make the delicious sweets plate at home!
7 oz. Brown Sugar
1 0z. Unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
12 1/4 oz. Cream
5 1/2 oz. Half & Half
6 ea. Egg Yolk
11.2 oz. Stout (Guinness)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 oz. Risotriene (Find at your local health food store)
1. In a 1 to 2 quart pan over medium heat, stir brown sugar, salt and butter until the butter is melted, sugar is dissolved, and mixter is bubbly. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in 1/2 cup whipping cream ubtil smooth, remove brown sugar mixture from the heat and add vanilla.
2. In a 3 to 4 quart pan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1 cup of whipping cream and half & half and bring to a simmer.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat egg yolks to blend. Whisk 1/2 cup of the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks and pour egg yolk mixture the pan with the cream. Stir constantly over low heat just until the mixture has slightly thickened. This will take about 2 to 4 minutes. Once slightly thickened, immeadiately remove from heat.
4. Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a clean bowl and whisk in the brown sugar mixture. Chill until room temperature and then add risotriene and stout. Blend well and continue to chill until cold stirring occasionally. This should take about 2 hours. You can also cover the mixture and chill up to 1 day.
5. Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
The Sticky Toffee Pudding is gluten free and made with Bob’s Red Mill all purpose flour. The flour contains a blend of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, white soy bean flour and fava bean flour.
The gelato contains Risotriene, which is a rice based nutritional supplement that uses only the bran and germ of the rice kernel.
The plate is high in anti oxidants, B-vitamins, Gamma Oryzanol and Amino Acids
Low in glycemic index
Contains Omega 6 Fatty Acids
Easily digested and completely gluten free